Monday 30 July 2012

Just another brick in the wall!

Just as I thought development of Phoenix was nearing the end,  it seem's I have hit a brick wall.   I have found what I can only see as a bug in the software (not a bug in the game) that I am using to develop the game.  The bug does not stop me designing and creating the levels,  but it really does stop the game being a polished one.   I am not going to be releasing this in August it seems, as there is a major update to the software coming up in the next 2 months, so I will have to wait until then :(

The good news is, I can carry on with Apollo,  which is more or less finished code wise (apart from a few things),  but there's a lot of work needed for the graphics,  this is the only major work that needs to be done for that.

We have also started working on another app,  the app is not a graphical app,  so the app should be finished in 2-4 weeks.  I will give this the code name of "Socrates".  Socrates will be a free app, and this is a type of app that seems to be popular in the last couple of months.   The game will contain iAds, and Game Center leaderboards.  I am unsure about achievements at the moment,  but I will think about it.

We will also be busy partaking in a game design contest on http://totgb.com/page/game-design-contests  (Think Outside The Game Box).   The theme is yet to be announced (announced on 5th August),  but if the contest seems like something we can do,  then we will do it.  It will be our first contest, and we look forward to competing against other developers.

Keep reading, I will post updates on the development of Apollo on Socrates.

G

No comments:

Post a Comment